Sept 24-26, 2019
Billings Hotel & Convention Center,1223 Mullowney Lane, Billings
Don Redfoot, Ph.D
Reno Charette, Director, American Indian Studies Program, MSUB
Kurt Alme, US Attorney
Health Alternatives Panel
Dr. Rebecca M. Edelmayer, Ph.D., Director, Scientific Engagement, Alzheimer’s Association
Stay tuned for more keynote and presentation offerings!
The 51st annual conference promises to be full of great information, lively events and celebration. Keynote and Breakout speakers are currently being confirmed with special topics such as Opioid Crises in Montana, Elder Abuse and Exploitation, Alzheimers, pharmaceutical and health alternatives, Medicare updates, Lifespan Respite — just to name a few.
Seniors Connecting, Contributing, Creating And Engaging In Their Community
Seniors play a key role in the vitality of our neighborhoods, network and lives. Communities that encourage the contributions of seniors are stronger. This year the keynotes and breakout presentations will focus on encouraging and providing information to seniors to:
- CONNECT: with friends, family and services that support participation
- CREATE: by engaging in activities that promote learning, health and personal enrichment
- CONTRIBUTE: by learning how to share your time, talent and life experiences to benefit others, and
- COMMUNITY: engaging by sharing together to benefit and enhance your community
STAY TUNED for more details and visit often!
Honoring our Centenarians – Centenarian Celebration
The tradition of recognizing our Montana’s Centenarians continues. The Centenarian celebration is scheduled for September 24th that will be held in conjunction with the conference. If you are or know a centenarian that would like to receive a Certificate of Recognition from the Governor for being 100 years of age or older by December 31, 2019, please visit the Centenarian site. Details about the celebration will be available closer to the event so Mark Your Calendar and contact our office for further information. Jstoeckel@mt.gov or 406 444-6061.
- Centenarians and 1 guest can attend the celebration banquet free of charge.
- Celebration banquet is included in full conference registration fee.
- If you just wish to attend the celebration banquet, the cost is $25.00.
Mini-Grant Sponsorship – Governor’s Advisory Council
The Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) sponsors the Governor’s Conference on Aging and developed a mini-grant program to assist rural communities, fewer than 10,000 populations, who have limited resources and need some assistance in meeting a need for the elderly living in their community. The grants range from $200 to $1,000 and help facilitate supports for senior services in those communities. Mini-grants have been used for various needs such as training and educational materials, exercise and health equipment, kitchen equipment for meals as well as developing and enhancing senior support services that are otherwise unmet in the local communities. The grant funds are obtained by sponsorships and a silent auction during the conference. These Mini-Grants are awarded during the conference. More information is available on the Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging page. 2019 Mini-Grant Application form
Interested in Becoming a Sponsor?
We rely solely on sponsors to operate this conference. There are a variety of sponsorship packages. Your sponsorship will help us provide one or a combination of these benefits:
- Coffee, and refreshments for conference participants at breaks
- Professional educators\presenters, conference supplies and special events
- Centenarian recognition and complimentary meal for each centenarian in attendance
- Mini-grant awards for innovative ideas which enhance long term care support services in rural communities
Each one of the sponsorships provides different levels of recognition that could include your business logo on the conference Website, Ad space in the conference program, exhibitor booth space and/or complimentary registrations.
Check out the packages and rates and choose which sponsorship best meets your needs
Please contact Jackie Stoeckel at (800) 332-2272 or (406) 444-6061 during normal business hours or email email@example.com for more information on any of these upcoming events.
- Full conference (early bird) registration $75.00. (Early registration ends 9/9/2019)
- Centenarian banquet for centenarian and 1 guest – free.
- Centenarian banquet only – $25.00.
Become a Sponsor
- Billings Hotel and Convention Center
The Group code for on-line booking is GCA19